PARIS21 has compiled a Metabase, informational tool and data directory on the organisation, management and performance of national statistical systems. Users can generate a country profile that displays a set of metadata relating to statistical capacity across six dimensions:
- Access: The public availability of data is the foundation of a better-informed society.
- Innovations: Innovations offer solutions for today's problems and inform tomorrow's standards.
- Timeliness: Timely data helps decision makers react quickly and stay informed.
- Soundness: Sound methodology builds trust in data and ensures transparency.
- Institutions: A healthy institutional environment is a catalyst for statistical development.
- Use: Knowledge on the demand for data improves efficiency in data production.
The Metabase serves as both a baseline and a means of monitoring a country’s progress over time.